1526 Mississippi Ave, St Louis
Welcome to 1526 Mississippi Avenue!This second Empires style home was originally built in 1877 for Dr. Edward Saunders, St. Louis's first obstetrician/pediatrician & founder of the Bethesda Hospital. It was also home to urban pioneer, Ruth Kamhofner in the 70's who was largely responsible for bringing home buyers back into the city.This home has been lovingly restored over the years,keeping the original floor plan intact while adding today's modern conveniences. As you enter the home you are greeted with warm Brazilian cherry floors, wide moldings, pocket doors & 3 original gas fireplaces on the first floor. The double parlors are separated with pocket doors . The formal dining room is great for entertaining with half bath & kitchen directly behind. The second floor features, 3 bedrooms. the largest on the front with great park views, 2 full baths & laundry area with tons of storage. The basement is finished with 2 offices. The manicured side lot at 1528 Lafayette is included as well.
- MLS® #17022493
- Full Baths2
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage2,771
- Year Built1888
- AmenitiesSecurity Lighting
- FeaturesBurglar Alarm-Owned, Flat Roof, Gazebo, Patio, Smoke Alarm/Detec
- Parking Spaces2
- ParkingCovered, Detached, Garage Door Opener, Rear/Side Entry
- # of Garages2
- Lot DescriptionLevel Lot, Park View, Partial Fencing, Sidewalks, Streetlights
- WindowsPanel Door(s), Skylight(s), Some Wood Windows
- Date ListedMarch 23rd, 2017
- Days on Market63
- InteriorCoffered Ceilings, Historic/Period Mlwk, Some Carpeting, Special Millwork, Some Window Treatmnt, Some Wood Floors
- AppliancesDishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Gas Cooktop, Range, Range/Oven-Gas, Refrigerator, Washer
- HeatingForced Air
- CoolingCentral-Electric, Zoned
- Has BasementYes
- BasementPartially Finished, Stone/Rock
- # of Fireplaces5
- Stories2 Story
- DistrictSt. Louis City
- ElementaryBuder Elem.
- MiddleFanning Middle Community Ed.
- HighRoosevelt High
- Listing Office:Re/max Gold
Information from Third Parties, Deemed Reliable but Not Verified.