37 Portland Pl, St Louis
Designed by Milligan & Wray in 1906, this Federal-style residence is located on St. Louis' premier private street. Elegant architectural detail is the hallmark of this handsome interior, featuring gleaming hardwood floors, a box beamed and paneled dining room, a front entry door surrounded by intricate sidelights and a fanlight window, a paneled billiard room/study, a spacious living room with remarkable ceiling plaster medallion, beautiful fireplace mantels, and an impressive main staircase ascending to the third floor, accented by a spectacular Palladian window on the 2nd floor landing. The master suite includes an updated bathroom with custom cabinetry, granite countertops, and a separate shower and tub. Additional bedrooms and bathrooms are found on the second and third floors along with incredible storage and closet space. The large kitchen includes a breakfast room, pantry space and adjoining laundry room. The rear garden features a brick terrace and 3-car garage.
- MLS® #16021580
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths2
- Square Footage8,822
- Year Built1907
- FeaturesBurglar Alarm-Owned, Patio
- Parking Spaces3
- ParkingAdditional Parking, Detached, Garage Door Opener, Off Street
- # of Garages3
- Lot DescriptionLevel Lot, Partial Fencing, Sidewalks, Streetlights
- Windows6 Panel Door(s), Palladian Windows, Some Wood Windows
- ConstructionBrick/Stone Msn Pred
- Date ListedApril 4th, 2016
- Days on Market416
- HOA Fees6000
- HOA Fees Freq.Yearly
- InteriorBuilt-In Bookcases, Center Hall Plan, Historic/Period Mlwk, Special Millwork, Some Window Treatmnt, Walk-In Closets, Some Wood Floors
- AppliancesDishwasher, Disposal, Electric Cooktop, Microwave, Range/Oven-Electric, Refrigerator
- HeatingForced Air
- Has BasementYes
- BasementFull, Walk-Out
- # of Fireplaces11
- Stories3+ Story
- DistrictSt. Louis City
- ElementaryFord-Ford Br. Elem. Comm. Ed.
- MiddleLangston Middle
- HighSumner High
- Listing Office:Janet Mcafee Inc.
Information from Third Parties, Deemed Reliable but Not Verified.